Halloween in StoneRidge
NEXTDOOR WEBSITE HALLOWEEN LIST OF HOMES PARTICIPATING
If you have not joined Nextdoor here is a link for the StoneRidge Subdivision.
After signing up for this site you can list your home on the Trick or Treat list.
General Halloween Information 2016
TRAVERSE CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
Halloween will be celebrated on Monday, October 31, 2016, within the city limits of Traverse City. The Trick-or-Treating hours will be from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
We ask the participating city residents to please turn porch lights on promptly at 5:00 p.m. and turn them off promptly at 8:00 p.m.
The National Confectioners Association and the Chocolate Manufacturers Association have established the following safety tips to help make this Halloween a safe and enjoyable holiday for our children.
HALLOWEEN SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
- Use make-up or face paint instead of masks, but if masks are used, make sure they fit properly and have holes large enough for mouth and eyes.
- Choose costumes that are marked flame retardant.
- Wear light-colored clothing at night, short enough to prevent tripping. Add reflective tape or reflectors to dark colored costumes.
- Make props such as daggers or swords out of cardboard, rather than metal or wood.
- Give and accept wrapped or packaged candy only.
- Have children bring treats home for adult inspection before they are eaten.
- Adults should accompany small and elementary school age children when they are trick-or-treating and send older children in groups.
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay.
- Have children stay within the neighborhood; only visit homes you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the children and become frightened.
Have a safe and scary Halloween!!!